|NEWS AND NOTES. (1866, April 10). The Ballarat Star (Vic. : 1865 - 1924), p. 2. Retrieved from http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article112868619|
The Ballarat Star, The Age and several other newspapers quoted the initial report in the Maryborough and Dunolly Advertiser a week earlier:
|THE NEWS OF THE DAY. (1866, April 4). The Age (Melbourne, Vic. : 1854 - 1954), p. 5. Retrieved from http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article155047396|
The news was reproduced in:
- the Mount Alexander Mail of Castlemaine
- the Melbourne Leader
- the New South Welsh Tumut and Adelong Times
Yesterday my husband and I attended an organ concert in St Michael's and All Angels Anglican Church Talbot. The church we were in dated from 1871, replacing an earlier building erected in 1862. There does not seem to be any sign of the previous church building in Argyle Street, Talbot. The organist was very talented but even so I confess I glanced at my neighbour's watch at least twice during an Elgar piece, which seemed to go on for a while.
|St Michael's Church of England, Talbot built 1870-1871 in January 2017|
Today's concert was held at St Paul's church East Ballarat, where my great great grandfather was married.
- BRAVE BOY IN SHOOT-OUT WITH BUSHRANGER, LATEST NEWS
- Wedding Wednesday: Philip Champion de Crespigny married Annie Frances Chauncy 25 October 1877
- E is for entertainment in Epsom
- de Crespigny - Beggs 1891 wedding
- The Bank of Victoria in Collins Street