Saturday, 8 March 2014

Sepia Saturday: My grandfather's back garden

This week's Sepia Saturday blog prompt is a picture of back gardens.

As a child I spent many happy hours in my grandfather's back garden in Canberra.

There was a sandpit that my grandfather had built for my aunt. This picture is of my brother and I playing in it.

My grandfather, Hans Boltz, working on his lawn mower.  My brother is looking on (I cropped him out of the picture). Kenny the canary is also enjoying the sunny day.
Me on the swing that was set up between two apple trees.  There was also a pear tree, plum trees, a cherry, nectarine, a peach and an almond tree, as well as sour cherry trees.

My mother pushing my aunt on that same swing about ten years earlier

Here I am helping to gather some of the garden's produce